The "Big Burrito Challenge" is on again!
Posted 12:41pm, Tuesday 1 May 2018
IT’S BACK! 1-31 May 2018: the 1kg behemoth Burrito!
Mad Mex Garden City invites you to challenge yourself or your Amigos to defeat the 1kg Burrito! You could win a limited edition Mask OR a limited edition Mad Mex Corona Cap... plus, bragging rights until 2019!
The Big Burrito was launched in 2011, created as a tribute to the Mexican holiday Cinco De Mayo (fifth of May), honouring the Mexican Army who defeated the French with 2 to 1 odds in the battle of Puebla.
Saturday 5 May (all day)
- The first 50 Amigos to visit us at Garden City Mad Mex will receive a Regular or Naked Burrito FREE!
- To receive this, amigos must say the following phrase to the Luchador at the press, “Can I order a Burrito for General Ignacio Zaragoza”
Friday 11 May (2pm)
- The Amigo who finishes first and rings the bell will win, $50 (onto loyalty card) to spend at Mad Mex
Thursday 24 May (6pm) - Annual "Final Table" for the Big Burrito Speed Challenge
- You must have previously defeated the 2018 1kg behemoth Burrito before the 20th to be eligible to be called back for the final table.
- Final Table will be the Amigos with the best 8 times.
- Winner will receive $50 (onto loyalty card) to spend at Mad Mex, plus more...
Updated 12:48pm, Tuesday 1 May 2018